The Start-Up Entrepreneur Series in collaboration with Entrepreneurs.my and This Week In Asia, aims to inspire a new breed of Generation-Y entrepreneurs, showcasing success stories of entrepreneurs in the region who have succeeded despite their young age. We interview Fashionpreneur, Social Media Strategist and Entrepreneur, Jon W on his start as a fashion entrepreneur and his transition of being a social media strategist to becoming the next big name in online fashion.
Getting to know about The Wisdom behind The Start-Up
- What would be your 3 main advices that you would offer to entrepreneurs who want to start up today?
(a) If you intend to look for a business partner, smarten up and be very wise. There are many bullies & “wolves” out there just waiting to pound on the next business opportunity, snatch it from your hands and call it theirs.
(b) Always be prepared with enough savings in your bank account. While entrepreneurship may be exciting, it may not pay your bills for the first few months.
(c) Be involved & hands-on in every single aspect of the business before proceeding with any employment. You wouldn’t want to be known as the boss who knows nothing.
- If you have a wishlist, what would you want Governments or the Private Sectors to do, to assist businesses like yours? Just any wish and why?
Not to stir up any racial issues, but I do pray that the governmental bodies or financial institutes will offer grants or micro-financing loans to non-Bumiputera entrepreneurs too – best not to state who the aid is intended for. Banks should also look into reducing the years of operational period for businesses wanting to take up a financing scheme.
- Any last remarks to close your ‘The Start-Up Entrepreneur Speaks’ series for now?
To become an entrepreneur is to have no “Plan B”. You can never take an entrepreneurial leap but still keep your day job. It’s either to go all-in, or don’t get in at all.
Series Concluded with ZNG IMPRESA”s Young Entrepreneur-Founder, Jon W.
### Special thanks to This Week in Asia as our supporting partner in bringing to us, the Start-Up Entrepreneur Interview Series ###
About The Start-Up Entrepreneur:
Back in March 2010, at 23 Jon W. founded a national level competition by the name of Project One & Only (Project O&O), an online pageant that garnered 30,000 fans on Facebook in a span of 3 months. His exposure and experience with Project O&O secured him the position of Brand Manager for I Nouvi Professional. Jon W. then brought his expertise over to Zalora Singapore as the Regional Head of Social Marketing.
Hailed as an exceptional young entrepreneur by his peers and fuelled by a deep appetite for everything fashion, Jon W. recently founded Zng Impresa, a company which aims to build, expand, and to market Z”NG, the visionary footwear label in creative & unconventional ways.
Armed with his fashion designing passion, Jon W. participated and emerged as one of the Top 8 finalists in Digi Fashion Design Competition 2007, among the Top 10 finalists for Fendi Baguetta Bag Design Competition 2009, came in as 2nd runner-up for Voir Shoez Design Competition 2010 and has been featured in New Straits Time and EH! Magazine.
About the Company:
ZNG IMPRESA (“Company”) was formed back in August 2012 to manage Z’NG, the footwear brand. The Company aims to build a fashion empire housing different fashion brands ranging from footwear, accessories and apparel to cater to the ASEAN market.
For more information on their latest selections of high quality, trendy and “In-Demand” footwear, please visit them here.
- Young Entrepreneur Showcase with ZNG IMPRESA: Strategies to Survive a Cut-Throat Industry
- Young Entrepreneur Showcase with ZNG IMPRESA: How Do You Start a Fashion Business for Youth?
- Talk to Inspire: Between Groupon Malaysia and the Young Entrepreneur Founder
- Talk to Inspire: Taking a Dive into the Business of Helping Others
- An Entrepreneur's Advice to Other Entrepreneurs, Moo Natavudh of OOKBEE Thailand's Largest Ebook Store – Part 4
- Young Entrepreneur Showcase with ZNG IMPRESA: Inside the Mind of the Fashionpreneur