Being enterprising by crunching numbers and textbooks are no fun. Getting enterprising with animation and games could change the entire perspective altogether. That’s what’s happening this 18th to 19th December 2010 at the Kre8tif! Digital Content Conference, Pullman Lakeside Hotel, Putrajaya, where you’ll have the opportunity to see Malaysia’s animation and games entrepreneurs work their projects with some of the world’s leading and most successful animation and games visionaries. It boasts One-on-one meetings with past and present heavyweights from Animal Logic, Disney, Electronic Arts, ILM, Lucas Arts, Mirage Studios, Crest Animation and more.
X|Media|Lab (XML), jointly with official partner the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC), today called for nominations from interested Malaysian animation and games companies to take part in a rare opportunity to workshop their project ideas with some of the world’s greatest and most successful animation and games industry luminaries, as part of X|Media|Lab KL: Animation and Games on the 18th and 19th of December.
X|Media|Lab KL is an official part of the Kre8tif Asia Festival 2010: Back to Basix – the region’s premier creative industries event.
Ten selected companies for this intensive workshop will receive mentoring, feedback and advice from many of the digital industry’s most influential powerbrokers, including Animal Logic (Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians), Disney, Crest Animation; senior art directors and creative geniuses from Electronic Arts, ILM, LucasArts, Mirage Studios; internationally renowned scriptwriters and the founder of the modern mobile entertainment industry.
Companies with outstanding animation and games ideas – across any platform or device, are encouraged to apply.
Participants will be Mentored by:
• Zareh Nalbandian – Co-founder and CEO, Animal Logic (Sydney)
• Ralph Simon – Founder of the Modern Mobile Entertainment Industry an Chairman Emeritus of Mobile Entertainment Forum (London)
• A K Madhavan – CEO, Crest Animation Studios (Mumbai)
• Alex Laurant – Senior Art Director, Visual Designer and Concept Artist (LA)
• Leah Hoyer – Former Director of Development, Walt Disney Company (LA)
• David Freeman – Internationally acclaimed teacher of “Beyond Structure” (Los Angeles)
• Patch Khan – Business Development Director of Digital Media, Asia Pacific & Japan, Hewlett Packard (Singapore)
• Sten Selander – Business Development Director, Nordic Game Programme (Malmö)
• Din Altit – VP Production & Development, Mirage Holdings (LA)
• Amy Zi – Multiple Award winning pioneer of animation, games and computer graphics education in China (Beijing)
Interested companies can nominate their project now, at no cost, by visiting: http://www.xmedialab.com/node/add/project-application.
- Revolutionizing the Creative Media Industry's Business Model in Malaysia – Part 1
- Founder of Lim Kok Wing university inducted into the Life-time Malaysian Achievement Hall of Fame
- Studios pooling Creative Youths’ Talents in a long term – Part 2
- The Search for Asia Top 50 Apps
- GRADUAN® Apprentice: Do you have what it takes to be Mentored by Top CEOs?
- The Local platform for Technology Start-Ups Launchpad is coming!