On the 13th and 14th of January, Research in Motion (RIM) organized the BlackBerry Devcon Asia in Bali Indonesia.
This USD 200 events is targeted at developers and companies who plan to invest their time and effort in the BlackBerry platform. Although, it is highly dominant in Indonesia itself and it has a strong following among corporate users, its market share have been sliding around the world because of newer mobile platform such as Apple and Android. However it may not be game over for RIM just yet.
According to Tyler Lessard, VP of Global Alliances and Developer Relations, RIM says Asia is the fastest growing BB developer community.
Here are some facts from the events:
- Black Berry online casino Messanger : the World”s largest Social Network
- There are 300,000 registered developers.
- 2 Million Apps downloaded everyday.
- 2nd Largest Smartphone provider in South East Asia, in Nov 10.
It will be interesting to see what BlackBerry will do to excite its developers and users.
Photo from Celcom Developer Program
- Join the fun at Google I/O Extended in Kuala Lumpur
- If you do not want to lose money on your website, don’t do these idea.
- Asia’s Top 50 Apps: Discovering Apps in Asia
- The Search for Asia Top 50 Apps
- Malaysian Startup Digitizing Euro 2012 Football Experience for Fans
- Starting Your Own Mobile Application Business