We were looking at Top websites built by Malaysians for Malaysia. So we did a quick search over at Alexa and this is what we have.
- TheStar Online – Local online version
- Malaysia Kini – Online political news
- Maybank2u.com.my – Local bank’s portal
- mobilefun4u.net – Ringtones and other download stuff
- Mudah.com.my – Local free classified
- Cari.com.my – Old Internet search engine
- Utusan Online – Local Malay daily
- AirAsia – Malaysia’s budget carrier
- Lowyat.net – Online Tech Forum
- JobStreet – Job portal
- Bharian.com.my -Local Malay daily
- Hmetro.com.my -Local Malay daily
- Sports toto – Lottery
- Lelong.com.my – Malaysia’s version of Ebay
- M2day – Political blog
- MAS – Airline
- Maxis – Telco
- Magnum – Lottery
- pbebank.com – Local Bank
- Kosmo.com.my – Gossip magazine
- Cimb Clicks – Local Bank
- TmNet – Internet service provider
22% of the top 100 most visited site in Malaysia are from Malaysian.
Most of these site includes established Media Giants and 2 of biggest names of our K.T.M. companies. We were wondering where are the new online sites? There are no social networks and there Web2.0 . Most to most the newest baby is Mudah.com.my which heavily advertise itself online.
Malaysians are very much still stuck in forums like Lowyat.net and we wonder will that change in 2009?
- Perspectives of Startup Hire
- Ipay88 offers Discounts to TeAM Members
- Dr Siva on High Tech Entrepreneurship
- 4 Active & Independent Malaysian Business Networking Groups You Can Attend
- MALAYSIA’S TOP 16 START-UPS EYE VENTURES VIA MAD TECHVENTURES
- Malaysia General Election: Top 5 Social Media Mistakes by Politicians