Traveloka.com helps travelers discover the best flight deals using its comparison engine, which it develops from scratch with Indonesian users’ needs in mind.
Amidst the intense competition in the online travel sector in Indonesia, Traveloka.com quickly emerges as one of the country’s favorite tools to search for flights online. Within 1 month of being publicly available in October 2012, Traveloka.com has served over 400,000 flight searches for users from more than 200 different cities.
“Indonesian travelers are price-sensitive when it comes to their transportation budget and our service is uniquely suited to serve this market.”, said Ferry Unardi, a co- founder at Traveloka.com. He continues, “With a strong engineering and product team, we are confident that we can keep on building more services to guide our users through an increasing number of travel-related products available to them”.
The company was founded in mid 2012 by a group of Indonesian engineers returnee with work experience in Silicon Valley technology companies.
PT. Traveloka Indonesia (http://traveloka.com) was founded in mid 2012 with a mission to make online travel simpler and more attractive for Indonesians. In line with its mission, the company attempts to organize travel-related information and help users navigate through a burgeoning number of options and get the best value with ease. Its first product, a flight search engine, helps travelers find the best domestic flight deals. It also released an infographic of the Indonesian aviation industry at http://image.traveloka.com/
- The Search for Asia Top 50 Apps
- RedDot Ventures invests S$589K in digital security company Innova Technology
- The Founder Institute Spring 2010 Singapore and Asia Pacific intake
- Great Networking and Deals for Entrepreneurs in the HR Technology Showcase 2012 Event
- More Business Opportunities in Developed Markets between Malaysian and American Entrepreneurs
- Traveloka.com Raises Series A – Investment from Global Founders Capital