We have often talked about the success of TenCent and QQ in Asia. Inside their history, MIH Group, a division of Naspers, is one of their investors and owns 38% of TenCent in China. So, we have invited Craig White, CEO of MIH Group, a division of Naspers to join us in the TWIA virtual studio. Probably our most stellar guest so far, Craig shares his thoughts on the story on how MIH invested in TenCent, E-Commerce in Asia and also a bunch of companies in Southeast Asia, BuzzCity and Lelong that they have invested.
Other stories we have discussed together with Craig:
- MyGengo raised funding from 10 angel investors
- Groupon acquires QPod – Japan Groupon Clone
- This Week in Asia Episode 55: The Story behind Yahoo-Koprol
- This Week in Asia Episode 56: Attack of The Groupon Clones
- This Week in Asia Episode 17: What’s the buzz with Yahoo! & Baidu
- Joot Ventures, Joota – Social Content Network just secured a total of USD 700K funding from two investment sources!!
- This Week in Asia Episode 16: Open Source Rocks!
- This Week in Asia Episode 67: Top 50 Apps in Asia