It has been an exciting week for the Malaysia web/tech scene with the Open Web Asia – Southeast Asia conference happening in Kuala Lumpur on 13-14 July. The TWIA crew hosted a live show with Serkan Toto (@serkantoto) from TechCrunch & Brian Wong (@brian_wong) formerly from Digg and now followFormation as our guests. We touched on some hot topics with great seats about InMobi’s 8M fund-raising success, the feedback about the Open Web Asia Conference and interesting start-ups which caught our eye, how Asian start-ups should improve on their pitching so to attract investors (and Asian investors should be more harsh on feedback to the entrepreneurs here) and Serkan’s interesting prediction for Asian companies in the next few decades. A special treat for all our listeners that you can view the video of the live show here.
Photo credited to Shereen Shah and Sham Hardy: The panel comprising of (from the left) Bernard Leong, Daniel Cerventus, Serkan Toto, Brian Wong, Michael Smith Jr and Chew Lin Kay.
- TWIA Episode 50: Live from Echelon
- This Week in Asia Episode 112 Quick Tour Around South East Asia
- This Week in Asia Episode 56: Attack of The Groupon Clones
- TWIA Episode 29 : This Week in Japan
- This Week in Asia Episode 55: The Story behind Yahoo-Koprol
- This Week in Asia Episode 115 Facebook IPO while Ali Baba Buying Yahoo Out