Last week in This Week in Asia, we talked about our perdiction how 2010 will be like in the technology space.
The whole crew takes the last podcast of 2009 to review the major events that rocked the web and tech landscape and also makes predictions for the new decade of 2010. This is probably our longest episode over an hour long and also a rare one which was done in the afternoon today.
- Review of the Year 2009 in the Asia Web and Technology Landscape: The Rise of Asia Social Networks (QQ) with virtual currency and goods and also the mobile web economy beginning with the emergence of location based mobile social networking apps: FourSquare and Gowalla in Asia. Of course, we reveal how often our podcast has been downloaded.
- Predictions Ahead for 2010 in the Asia Web and Technology Landscape: Netbooks, Cloud Computing, Broadband Infrastructure in Asia and how it might lead to a new era of content production for podcasts and videocasts in Asia. Short notes on venture capital in 2010 and whether we will see more companies getting next stage funding.
- Coming up, the 50th Episode of This Week in Asia
- This Week in Asia Episode 16: Open Source Rocks!
- This Week in Asia Episode 56: Attack of The Groupon Clones
- This Week in Asia Episode 110 So What the Big Deal With Factory Workers in FoxConn (TWIA)
- This Week in Asia (TWIA) Episode 109 Suggest A Startup Idea to the Samwer Brothers to Clone
- This Week in Asia Episode 55: The Story behind Yahoo-Koprol