The Start-Up Entrepreneur Series campaign! Wylie Wee, the Co-Founder of Player Holdings Pte Ltd!
(a) Getting to know The Start-Up Entrepreneur
1. Tell us more about yourself – Who are you, what do you do, what are your qualifications (If any) and what have made you into the successful entrepreneur that you are today?
My name is Wylie Wee and I am the Co-Founder of Player Holdings Pte Ltd, a company that uses sports as a universal playing field to create value to individuals and society. Our company operates through 3 core businesses in the areas of Sports Events Planning and Management, Sports Merchandising, and Sports Leadership Training.
I am a SIM Global Education Scholar in Academic Excellence and Leadership and I graduated from Singapore Institute of Management with the highest honor of Degree with Distinction in Bachelor of Business Management. Apart from academic studies, I am also a Professional Netball Coach and an accredited Certified Motivational Coach with the Institute of Motivational Coaching.
I own a growing startup business, but I am still just a hustler who is working late into the nights and over the precious weekends to get more things into place, so I wouldn’t really call myself a “successful” entrepreneur. As for what made me who I am today, it has got to be one word – Courage.
2. Why did you casino pa natet get started on this path towards building your own business?
Sports has always been my passion, my direction, and sometimes even my escape. Entrepreneurship is a dream career that I want to see myself venture into. So I thought to myself, since Sports has given me so much, why not use Sports to make a difference in people’s life. Nothing beats pursuing a dream with something you are truly passionate about and can do best in. And this was how my entrepreneurship journey started.
3. Was there any inspiration or anyone who inspired you to pursue your dream to become an entrepreneur today?
My Mum has always been my source of inspiration and motivation since young. She was the first person who taught me the meaning of being accountable and responsible for all of our life choices. As a young kindergarten kid fascinated by the novel thought of standing on stage to take part in a story-telling competition, I raised my little hands with excitement to express interest in taking part. When the tiring (and boring) practice routines set in, I was turned off by the fact that I need to sacrifice my playtime for practice. It was that point of time, my Mum lectured me harshly when I told her I did not want to take part anymore, she told me this, “To be a part of this competition was your choice from the beginning, no one forced you to make this choice. For every choice you make, give nothing less than your best. And that is how things should be done.”
I did not truly understand what that meant at that point of time, but now it all makes sense. Entrepreneurship is my choice and during those moments I felt like giving up, I would remind myself of what my Mum taught me.
4. In your experience, what are the 3 Winning Traits that Entrepreneurs should possess when they start their business?
Courage. Passion. Purpose.
To be continued… The Start-up Entrepreneur Part 2
- Getting to know about The Start-Up! Player Holdings Pte Ltd! Sports Events Planning and Management, Sports Merchandising, and Sports Leadership Training.
- Perspectives of Startup Hire
- Lean Startup Machine returns to Singapore – June 7-9, 2013!
- Reader’s Report: Creating Your Business Brand to Transcend Across All Media
- Learning to Build & Learning to Sell: The 2 Concepts You Ought to Learn If You Are Running A Startup
- Invoice Discounting Startup, ApexPeak – Raises 2.3M SGD in Seed Round!