Curious in podcast, new media and the democratization of broadcasting? The New Media Asia an event organized by GI Conferences which are the same folks that brought you WordCamp in Malaysia. The theme of The New Media Asia which will be on 12th-13th May 2011 is Impactive Engagement and it will be exploring the usefulness of social media, as well as the reach of new media.
The Keynote Speakers includes Derek Sivers which is the founder of CDBaby, Cameron Reilly who started the first podcast empire. and Timothy Tiah co-founder of Nuffang. Besides these names there is a whole list of the who’s who of new media in Asia. You can check the speakers list here.
The agenda for the two days event will be packed with information such as the topic below.
-the many facets of new media and how they are leading the way to engagement
-social media and how media today involves conversations
-compelling new business models
-gaming and gamification of applications
-social networking and social network services
-new marketing methodologies
-how old media and new media collaborate
-the evolution of media
-enterprise uses of social media
-analytics & measurement
Tickets starts from only Rm 499 and RM 250 for students. You can buy the tickets here.
Conference will be held in The Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur
- This Week in Asia Episode 11: The Asia Web-Tech Odyssey 2010
- This Week in Asia Episode 55: The Story behind Yahoo-Koprol
- Coming up, the 50th Episode of This Week in Asia
- theITChannel Weekend Edition Volume 2 Episode 56
- This Week in Asia Episode 112 Quick Tour Around South East Asia
- This Week in Asia Episode 110 So What the Big Deal With Factory Workers in FoxConn (TWIA)