Millions of people throughout the world have improved their lives using The Magic of Thinking Big. Dr. David J. Schwartz, long regarded as one of the foremost experts on motivation. In this book, he proposed a set of Questions and Formulas that will Help You Design and Work to Achieve Your Dreams.
The Magic of Thinking Big – Formulas that Work for You to Achieve Your Dreams
I got this book with a discount at the 1 Malaysia book store in Puduraya while I was waiting for a bus back to Penang.
The Magic of Thinking Big – 10 years from now, who do you want to be?
Dr. Schwartz presents a carefully designed program for getting the most out of our job, marriage and family life, and our community. He proves that we don’t need to be an intellectual or have innate talent to attain great success and satisfaction — but we do need to learn and understand the habit of thinking and behaving in ways that will get us there.
Of course I am not doing a book review here. But there is a list of questions I have to share with you. No matter you are an employee, businessman, aspiring entrepreneur or student, you have got to ask yourself these questions.
We live everyday with the hope that tomorrow will be a better one.
We want to achieve wonderful things no matter it is in business, relationship or personal aspiration.
I would like to share the 10-year Planning Guide by Dr. David Schwarts, which has proven to be very effective as the questions are assigned to different departments.
AN IMAGE OF ME, 10 years from now.
- A. Work Department: 10 years from now:
- What income level do I want to attain?
- What level of responsibility do I seek?
- How much authority do I want to command?
- What prestige do I expect to gain from my work?
- B. Home Department: 10 years from now:
- What kind of standard of living do I want to provide for my family and myself?
- What kind of house do I want to live in?
- What kind of vacations do I want to take?
- What financial support do I want to give my children in their early adult years?
- C. Social Department: 10 years from now:
- What kinds of friends do I want to have?
- What social groups do I want to join?
- What community leadership positions would I like to hold?
- What worthwhile causes do I want to champion?
Write, draw or illustrate your answers to all the questions. Who are you today is the result of what you did a few years back.
I like the saying by Donald Trump; you have to think anyway, so why not think big?
Because when you want to do it and believe you can do it, the how to do it develops.
- Lessons from Apple Founder Steve Jobs for Entrepreneurs
- Famous Women Entrepreneurs traits to follow
- 8 Guaranteed (Science) Steps Towards Raising Your Start Up Funding for Entrepreneurs
- Spotting Brand Advocates for Your Business
- Talk to Inspire: The Love for Shopping, Comes an Online Fashion Boutique
- The Definition of An Entrepreneur from 15 Top Entrepreneurs and Icons in the World