What does Richard Branson of Virgin Group, Russell Simmons of Def Jam records and Arthur Blank of Home Depot have in common?
Besides being entrepreneurs and successful ones in fact, they have a great person to support and inspire their work. Their mother. The Lemonade Stories plans on a concept that kids in America usually set up a lemonade stall in their front yard with the help of their mother for some pocket money. The ongoing meet up Sembang Sembang organized by Warisan Global will be featuring this very heart warming movie during their next meet up.
Check out the trailer below
The individuals featured in this film include:
- Richard Branson (The Virgin Group) and his mother, Eve Branson (herself an entrepreneur, who also served in WWII)
- Russell Simmons (Def Jam/Phat Fashions), his brother Reverend Run (a/k/a Run of the hip-hop pioneers, Run-DMC), and his brother Danny Simmons (co-founder, Def Poetry Jam)
- Arthur Blank (The Home Depot) and his mother, Molly Blank (who took over the family business after the death of her husband and built it into a multi-million dollar operation)
- Kay Koplovitz (USA Network) and her mother, Jane Smith (a 90 year old who loves Brett Favre and is known to yell at her favorite players during playoff season)
- Tom Scott (Nantucket Nectars), his mother Jane, his grandmother Dorothy (featured in Nantucket Nectars’ radio spots), and his wife, Emily Woods Scott (founder of JCrew)
- Billy Starr (Pan-Mass Challenge), who founded the world’s largest bike-a-thon, raising over $100,000,000 for cancer research in memory of his mother, Betty Starr.
- Kelly Reinhart (TPak International), an 11 year old entrepreneur who invented a thigh pack and obtained a million dollar contract with the US Army.
Date: 28th September 2010 (Tuesday)
Time: 5.00 – 7.30pm
Venue: To be determined
Contact Tini Rahim (016 211 2682) or Mimi (012 465 8097) with your menus, inquiries and RSVPs! We will update you with the venue soon.
- How Sara Blakely Lost Her Way To A Billion Dollars
- Twittamentary Special Screening : A Twitter Documentary
- What’s Going On in Malaysia’s Startup Community This Week
- SMG To Promote TEDxKL in Malaysia Encouraging the Movement of Ideas Worth Spreading
- Richard Branson unleashes the Will to Win among Entrepreneurs
- Microsoft Inspires Budding Entrepreneurs and Business Industry through Cinematic Movie