Grantpreneurs, a word coined by Colin Charles formerly of MYSQL means a person who create business solely to hunt down free money disbursed by the government. Great startups funding programs such as MDEC PreSeed Grants and Cradle in Malaysia is usually plagued by these people who do not add value in the ecosystem but being parasites in spending the money should be meant for more deserving budding entrepreneurs.
Recently Reza of TeratoTech who was previously accused by some people of being a “grantpreneurs” out right rejects the offer Networked Content Development Grant (NCDG) with a very interesting letter.
Reza Fahmi RazaliI has been in the IT industry from the young age of 17, sweeping up international IT awards such as the APICTA and APMITTA with his maiden project, terato.com, a portal for teens and car modifications with over 2 million hits and 50,000 members. Reza is currently CEO of Terato Tech which builds app such as Undies and AiYo Magazine. Reza also is serving as TeAM council for the first time.
- Cradle’s Ideas To Invest (i2i) – Satellite Event at the 4th Global Entrepreneurship Summit
- Pay RM 500 and You May Get Funded
- Technopreneur Open Day- Show Me The Money
- Cradle Coach and Grow Programme 2nd Series
- Responds from Virtuous Investment Circle for RM 500 Application Charges
- Cradle Coach and Grow Programme