It has been a long time coming but there is finally a book that protrays the local heroes in the technology scenes. It took over 10 months for Oon Yeoh and the folks at Technopreneurs Association Malaysia (TeAM) to come out with the book “Go For Broke”
What with the title you might ask? According to TeAM President Stephen Chia and also one of the technopreneur featured in the book. “That you have find out from reading the book.”
Apparently it was mention by one of the technopreneurs that they don’t really have any safety net and basically they were going for broke. The name just stuck since then.
Oon mention in his speech, that one of the reason why he is so attracted to this project is the chance to promote local hereos as that really will inspire the next generations to take the chance.
“Local heroes are crucial as it inspire people around.”
The book covers a wide variety of technopreneurs such as Chris Chan of TMS, William Du, Ganesh of M.O.L. Access Portal and the always vocal Harres Tan. One thing which is noted, most of these “technopreneurs” are not from the tech background. (Eg. Chris Chan has a degree in Music. ) They all believed in the vision of thhe MSC and thus decided to leave their comfort zone and venture into what was back then the total unknown.
- ICT Entrepreneur’s Reaction for the Prime Minister’s Budget 2013 Announcement
- Friendster Sets to Reach 10 Million Users by the End of 2012
- Entrepreneurs and Investor Exchange (EIX)
- ASIA PACIFIC YOUNG BUSINESS CONFERENCE & TRADE 2010 (APYBC 2010)
- This Week in Asia Episode 61: This is Social Media!
- Friendster to launch music and games portals in Asia (Press Release)