Following the success of previous Startup Asia events held in Bandung, Jakarta, and Singapore,TechinAsia.com, Asia’s largest English-language technology and startup blog, announced today that its signature conference, Startup Asia, will return this November 21 and 22, 2013, in Jakarta at Plaza Bapindo.
Startup Asia Jakarta 2013 will feature, as seen at last year’s Jakarta event, a conference, a Startup Arena pitching competition, and a hackathon.
The formula for the pitching contest, Startup Arena, has been tweaked for 2013; unlike in the past, both seed and growth-stage startups will be accepted and will compete separately. About 20 startups will eventually take to the stage to compete in both categories. The seed stage category winner will take home US$10,000. The growth-stage category will win a chance to negotiate an investment deal with one or more of the investors who make up our expert Startup Arena judging panel.
In the same Startup Asia Jakarta 2013 conference, we are simultaneously running a 24-hour hackathon which will see over 400 developers building products with APIs and SDKs from numerous partner companies. The list of APIs and SDKs will be announced soon.
Aside from the networking opportunities, the conference also features numerous speakers, including startup founders and industry leaders from companies such as Rakuten Ventures, Kakao (makers of KakaoTalk), MediaCorp, and GDP Ventures, offering fresh and honest insights on upcoming industry trends. We will be updating the list of speakers on our website in the run-up to the event, so do stay tuned.
Early bird discounts are now available for purchases before 31 October 2013. Attendees can use the promotional code HappyJkt15, and they will receive a 15 percent discount on ticket prices. For more information and updates on the event, please visit the official website at http://startupasia.techinasia.com/jkt2013/ today!
For photos: http://startupasia.techinasia.com/jkt2013/about-startup-asia/
Highlight video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5V26ydH7ZI
About Tech in Asia
Tech in Asia is an online technology news startup based in Asia, with team members all across the region. As a crew of journalists and bloggers with a passion for new ways of delivering news, we’ve bonded together under one goal – to create a great Asia-focused tech news site to tell the world about the wonderful things that are happening here.
About Startup Asia
Startup Asia is Tech in Asia’s signature 2-day conference organized for entrepreneurs, investors, media, and friends in the technology and startup community across Asia. Previous speakers include speakers from Taobao, MOL, Twitter, Airbnb, Tencent, DeNA, Rocket Internet, GREE, Cyberagent Ventures, Rakuten, Sequoia Capital, and more.
Related articles across the web
- Startup Asia Jakarta 2013: through the lens [Gallery]
- 19 startups in Asia that caught our eye
- 8 reasons why you should join Startup Asia Jakarta 2013
- Startup Street To Place Top Students To Top Malaysian Startups
- Bridge Inc: A startup to boost Indoensia startups; coming soon
- Singapore-based Start Now changes business model, aims for employees to volunteer
- World’s Biggest Hackathon Competition comes to Kuala Lumpur this 8th of June
- D.A.R.E. BizStart Showcase Makes Its Way Back For 2013!
- Startup Asia Singapore Returns This May 7 and 8
- Dino Media Captures 3 Million Online Users in Less than 1 Year of its Founding
- MYHERO Online Users’ Driven Marketing Attract 20,000 Users In Months to Try Public Safety App
- MYHERO Founders Provides Startup Advice for Aspiring Entrepreneurs