If there is one international Social Enterprise that makes us proud to be Malaysian, that will has to be the multi award winning organization call Science of Life 24/7 (SOLS 24/7). They are one of the best non-formal education organization around and for the past nine years, they have been educating youths (including drop-outs, low income families) who do not have the opportunity to further their studies.
The curriculum of SOLS 24/7 includes hard skills (English, Mathematics, ICT skills, Employment skills, Business Management, Taekwando), soft skills training (Leadership, Dynamism, Discipline, Responsibility, Love & Unity, Compassion) and lessons in social consciousness (community service, social hazards and vices). Armed with these sets of skills, the graduates of SOLS 24/7 will be more equipped for the future workforce.
Because of their recent relocation of their training centre, SOLS 24/7 is in serious need of 30 bicycles for their full time boarding students to be able to cycle to Restaurant Amitofu. Restaurant Amitofu provides 3 free vegetarian meals daily to the students, however getting there is quite a distant. It takes about 15 – 20 minutes just to walk there.
SOLS are looking for people to donate old bicycles to their centre. These bicycles will also provide a means of transport around Malacca town and it helps them develop to be mobile and independent.
The centre currently have around 50 students in the Malacca branch and only a handful of bicycles.
If you have an old bicycle that you are not using, please inform us or Raj at 012 6398 442
Note: Malaysia Entrepreneurs will be having a visit soon to the centre. Those who are interested pls drop us a line at editor [at] entrepreneurs.my
- 3 Lessons Learned from TEDGlobal 2012
- The Start-Up Entrepreneur Series: HealthWorks inspire you to be a healthier and happier you!
- Sell Your Product Before Building it!
- Richard Branson to Rock Liverpool Echo Arena for Young Entrepreneurs
- Wylie Wee, the Co-Founder of Player Holdings Pte Ltd! Sports Events Planning and Management, Sports Merchandising, and Sports Leadership Training.
- Shaping the Future of Asia’s Connected Devices