Silicon Valley entrepreneurs come to Malaysia very often. Usually quietly and usually in some remote island off the coast of Terengganu. Seldom you get a bunch of them who are here in a group. Come this 20th and 21st October, MSC Malaysia together with Global Entrepreneurship Sdn. Bhd. will organize a money can’t buy event that will be featuring startup veterans such as Paul Bragiel of Lefora and I/O ventures, Jawed Karim of Youtube and Shawn Fanning, the co-founder of Napster.
According to MDEC CEO Datuk Badlisham Ghazali “SVC2M platform will offer Malaysians the chance to showcase their startup ideas to leading entrepreneurs from Silicon Valley, with the aim of transforming our nation’s entrepreneurs into high-growth global icons, giving them the opportunity to shine on the international stage and increasing Malaysia’s visibility and relevance as an ICT hub,”
Since this is a money can’t buy event, you have to submit your idea to the site to win an exclusive invitation to SVC2M. Open only to Malaysian entrepreneurs should submit an individual entry or a team entry (maximum three members) via an online application form to StartupMalaysia.org, detailing their startup ideas or existing startups. The closing date is 10 October 2011.
- Renowned Global Creative Industry Professionals to ignite the Local Creative Industry
- What is Silicon Valley Comes 2 Malaysia
- How to Innovate Existing Products in Response to Market Needs & Conditions
- Discovering the X Factor among Entrepreneurs and Successful Business People
- TeAM & MDEC present – “Opportunities Within A Crisis”
- Team Clinic Penang