Online global outsourcing is growing at a rapid pace with a projected growth of over 40% for the industry. The biggest platforms are oDesk, Elance and Freelancer. 99designs is really in a different category as it’s a crowdsourcing site more focused on design, whereas the other platforms encompass any type of online work.
In this infographic we compared the funding received, number of freelancers and jobs posted, percentage they charge and cumulative earnings of freelancers. Great information if you are interested in the online outsourcing space!
UPDATE: We have a comment from Matt Barrie, CEO of Freelancer. I have posted it here as it points out that some of the figures in the infographic (based only on publicly available information) are inaccurate:
“The graphics are neat but the numbers sourced for the infographic are way off. Freelancer user earnings are much higher. vWorker alone had $140M in user earnings before Freelancer acquired it. Also the commissions are 0-3% for employers and 0-10% for freelancers, not 13%. At 3% for freelancers, this is the cheapest by far for a freelancer doing any volume. The amounts raised by all companies is also incorrect. Elance and Odesk have raised significantly more than reported by Crunchbase and Freelancer hasn’t raised anything near $40m. Freelancer hits 8 million users today.”
This Article was originally posted at http://biz30.timedoctor.com/odesk-vs-elance-vs-freelancer-and-99designs-infographic/
- Top Facts You Need to Know to Market Your Products Online: An Entrepreneur’s Guide
- MYHERO Online Users’ Driven Marketing Attract 20,000 Users In Months to Try Public Safety App
- Business Advice from the Founders of Dino Media as one of Asia’s Fastest Growing Startups
- The Inspiration Behind Social Media Platform Startup for Public Safety Developed by MYHERO
- 3 Success Strategies of Sir Richard Branson
- Effective Tax Planning for Business in Malaysia