JCI is organizing the Creative Young Entrepreneur Award. If you are an entrepreneur from Malaysia age 18 to 40 who have started a new business using creativity in product development, service development, and in their approach to the market, you are encouraged to apply. What if you have an old business? No problem, if you have conducted this business with something new to solve a problem, you are eligible too.
According to their site
Our communities are full of young entrepreneurs who have used their imagination in solving problems and approaching the market. Creativity is the key element in this competition. One just needs to have an idea and to put it to practice, no matter how big or small the idea is.
All nomination of JCI CYEA must be submitted via the online submission system on JCI’s website.
Rules and Regulations
1. Men and women between the ages of 18 and 40 may participate in this program. Nominees born before January 1, 1972 or after December 31, 1992 are not eligible for the Creative Young Entrepreneur Award. A nominee must be an owner/manager who is primarily responsible for the recent, or start-up performance of a privately held business.
2. A nominee must be a resident of the territory within which they are being nominated. This territory may be local, regional or national. (For national programs, proof of citizenship or permanent residence may be requested.)
3. Participants need not be members of the JCI organization, provided they meet all other requirements and are nominated through a JCI National Organization.
4. All nominations must be submitted using the online nomination form located on the JCI CYEA website. The nomination form is downloadable and printable in order to help nominators prepare the nomination prior to entering it online. Nominations received in any other format will be disqualified.
5. In order for local level competitions to be held, a national level competition must be held by the National Organization or its National Designate. If the National Organization does not wish to hold a competition, it may name a National Designate from one of its Local Organizations to register and act as the National Organization for the purposes of this competition. All nominations received from countries without a national competition (run by the National Organization or its National Designate) will be entered into the international open pool.
6. Nominations must be completed in English to be eligible, and answers must not exceed the word limits shown for each question. All allowed information must be included in the pages of the nomination form online.
7. International semi-finalists must submit an electronic photograph to the final judging panel. This electronic photograph must be at least 600 dpi and JCI suggests that the photo show only the head and shoulders of the nominee.
8. All international semi-finalist contestants must be willing to travel to the JCI World Congress, and will be required to swear an affidavit attesting to the accuracy of the information contained in their nomination form.
9. JCI will cover the travel and accommodation for the three finalists. Their businesses and their use of creativity in their success as an entrepreneur will be presented to the Congress, whereupon the finalists will be judged. The winner will be granted the JCI Creative Young Entrepreneur Award.
10. National Organizations can submit unlimited nomination forms.
11. A person can be nominated in only the JCI Creative Young Entrepreneur Award (JCI CYEA) OR The Outstanding Young Persons of the World (JCI TOYP) program at the same year on an international level.
12. The nominee may not be a current member of the Board at the International, National or Local levels. In addition paid staff members will not be considered for the JCI CYEA program.
13. Nomination forms must be submitted online by May 31, 2012.
You can check out the past winners at here.
Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!