According to the most recent survey done by Visa e-Commerce Consumer Monitor, 82% of Malaysians do online purchase for flight tickets. This 2010 survey was based on 3,516 online interviews from countries such as China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan and Thailand.
These netizen mostly spending on travel and accommodation online to boost the countries growing e-commerce markets. This is mostly in part of the rise of low cost carriers such as AirAsia which made the web its primary means of buying air tickets especially during sales.
Malaysians on estimate, spends around RM 6000 per year on e-commerce according to the survey.
Also according to the survey, security is the most important factor that enables e-commerce. We here in Entrepreneurs.my also believe that e-commerce will have a resurgence in the year 2011.
- Google Analytics Master Class: Actionable Insights
- Guizhou-Malaysia Business Cooperation and Investment Seminar 2012
- Exabytes eCommerce Conference 2013 to outline Malaysia’s Internet Retail Market
- This Week in Asia Episode 11: The Asia Web-Tech Odyssey 2010
- With The Right Shoes, Christy Ng Can Conquer the World
- Malaysia's Online Shopping Scene Infographic