Recently, Bowei Gai of World Startup Report with a bunch Malaysia startup community leaders created the Malaysia Startup Wiki. This effort was launch by Cheryl Yeoh, the CEO of MaGIC at Echelon 2014 today in her panel about the Malaysia Startup landscape. In conjunction with the launch of the Malaysia Startup Wiki, MaGIC and WorldStartupReport have team up with one of Malaysia top startup, Piktochart. Together, they have produced an infographic on the 5 minute guide to Malaysia Startup Landscape 2014. From the wiki and infographic, you will get a good idea who are the key entrepreneurs, what are some of the challenges, the opportunities, who are the key investors and also an overall outlook in the maturity of each verticals.
Here are some notable insights for an entrepreneur or investor before starting up in Malaysia:
- 30 Million Population
- 116% Mobile internet penetration rate
- 90% of startups are funded by Govt funds
- Highest number of tech IPO in South East Asia
If the page does not load, visit here to view the infographic.
- This Week in Asia Episode 58: Live from Open Web Asia SEA
- Which Type of Entrepreneur or Startup Founder are You?
- ConcreteJungle #36 : Alphapod
- 9 Awesome Coworking Space around Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- There Will Never Be Another 2011
- Entrepreneurs and Startups in Malaysia to Benefit from new Silicon Valley’s BootstrapLabs Launch