Malaysia’s most renowned entrepreneurship-catalyst partner, Warisan Global and Startup Malaysia are putting together a festival to celebrate and Ignite! the passion of budding entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into scalable and viable startups, while also vying a chance for them to go to Silicon Valley. The organiser of the Global Entrepreneurship Week is bringing Malaysian startups to the next level by ensuring that our local entrepreneurs get Silicon Valley exposure!
IGNITE is a program aims to unleash Malaysian youths to be entrepreneurs, innovators and global leaders by having real entrepreneurs and subject matter experts as mentors.
The program consists of 3 elements:
1. Inspiration – Enterprise Day (A series of talks by entrepreneurs) – 200 participants
2. Ideation – Startup Weekend (A 3-day Bootcamp) – 100 participants
3. Implementation – Mentoring Program (1-day Mentoring Clinic & 6-8 weeks mentoring) – 10 viable ideas
Participants with viable business prototype will be funneled into incubation/acceleration programs such as startupmalaysia.org
Who can participate in IGNITE program?
Malaysian youth (age 18-40) who is incline to venture into technology industry. Final year university students and fresh graduates are perfect candidates for this program.
The program is going to be held in 4 cities;
- Kuala Lumpur,
- Johor Bahru
- Kota Kinabalu.
- 3 Must-Go Events for Entrepreneurs to Network, Learn and Meet Industry Leaders
- What’s Going On in Malaysia’s Startup Community This Week
- Startup Weekend Malaysia Comes to Penang to Inspire and Launch Young Enterprises
- 3 Malaysian Business Plan and Entrepreneurship Competition that You Should Know
- International Feng Shui Bagua Expert, Joey Yap to Speak about Wealth Creation and Business Success to Entrepreneurs
- A Chance for Malaysian Entrepreneurs to Pitch about their Startups and Sell Their Ideas