TechInAsia is bringing Crocodile in the Yangtze to Kuala Lumpur! Crocodile in the Yangtze is a documentary about the early days of Taobao, the e-store created by Alibaba founder and former CEO Jack Ma.
The film’s producer, Porter Erisman, who worked at Alibaba for ten years, created the 75-minute documentary (see the trailer below) to share how Alibaba grew from a startup to the world-class corporation it is today – and to show how it beat eBay in its home market. Porter will also be there at the Kuala Lumpur Meetup to share his experience of working at Alibaba.
Crocodile in the Yangtze has been shown at 16 film festivals and 10 universities, including Harvard, Stanford, MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Berkeley, and more. The documentary has been given several awards, including ‘Best Film on Innovation and Entrepreneurship’ at the 2012 Silicon Valley Film Festival.
The trailer of
If you are interested to catch this startup-to-powerhouse blockbuster film, join TechInAsia on June 26, 6:00pm at Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus, Lecture Theatrette Two. Tickets are free, but grab them fast while stocks last!
- 6.00 – 6.30pm: Registration
- 6:30 – 7.10pm: Networking & Dinner
- 7:10 – 7.15pm: Introduction from Heislyc Loh, Startup Mamak
- 7.15 – 7.30pm: Opening Speech from Porter Erisman
- 7.30 – 8.45pm: [Screening] Crocodile in the Yangtze
- 8.45 – 9.00pm: Sharing session by Porter Erisman
- 9:00 – 10.00pm:Networking
Venue: Taylor’s University, Lecture Theatrette Two.
No.1, Jalan Taylor’s, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor
To Register yourself for the event, please go to: http://www.techinasia.com/kuala-lumpur-meetup-premiere-screening-alibaba-documentary-crocodile-yangtze/
- 7 Secrets of Jack Ma Entrepreneurship Lesson Part 2
- What’s Going On in Malaysia’s Startup Community This Week
- 7 Secrets of Jack Ma Entrepreneurship Lesson
- Startup Asia Jakarta Returns This November 21 and 22
- A fully Sponsored D-Code Bootcamp 2013 that teach you steps to Code!!
- BootstrapAccelerator open its doors and annouces its july 2013 class of Entrepreneurs!