THE WORK SMART ENTREPRENEURS
Most of us realize that becoming a successful entrepreneur requires one to put in a lot of hard work into one’s idea, venture or business. Yet, we also realize that there are many who do that and still have not accomplished much. We begin to realize that to be successful as an entrepreneur takes more than just sheer hard work, diligence and dedication. Granted that these are important qualities but then we are also aware that there are many who worked very hard but never seem to make much progress. We also realize that the outstanding entrepreneurs and those who fail all have one thing in common; they all have only 24 hours a day. We can safely concluded that what they put their time to, determine their success.
Note: The Business Acceleration Workshop is giving out Complimentary Tickets!! Check it out at the end of the Article!
How to work smarter and not just harder?
1. KEEP FOCUS ON OBJECTIVE AND RESULTS. In whatever work you’re doing, two questions should always be kept in mind;
a) What is the objective?
b) What results do I want to get out of this?
2. CHALLENGE THE “OBVIOUS” AND BE CREATIVE. Challenge the “obvious” because nothing remains static for long. Circumstances change, so do the environment, the people and event the objectives. One should always test and challenge what appears to be obvious.
3. FOCUS ON WHAT COUNTS; THE 80-20 RULE. Some of you may be familiar with Pareto’s Principle that states, “80% of the value of a group of items is generally concentrated in only 20% of the items.” For instance, 80% of the sales of a business would probably come from 20% of the customers. In the case of phone calls, 80% of your calls would come from 20% of your callers.
4. MANAGE YOUR TIME. There is a proliferation of books and seminars on time management and all of them have one principle in common. The principle is best expressed by Benjamin Franklin who said, “If you want to enjoy the greatest luxuries in life – of having enough time to rest, think things through, get things done and know that you have done them to the best of your ability – there is only one way: TAKE TIME TO THINK AND PLAN ACTIVITIES IN THE ORDER OF THEIR IMPORTANCE.
One should guide one’s daily life in terms of priorities. To this end, one should consider:
A) MAKING A DAILY LIST OF THINGS TO DO. The famous TO DO list is a well-known and proven tool, but it takes determination to make it work for you. And it will only work if the list is based on the priority of things to do.
B) STOP PROCRASTINATING. Procrastination is a common diseases, such as ulcers and heart diseases that are due to stress. The idea is to make every day in your life meaningful and not to waste it by procrastinating. There is no time to say you don’t have time. It’s just an excuse because it is a question of priority.
C) LEARN TO SAY NO. The smart entrepreneur knows how to say no. Steve Jobs famously says, “I am proud of what we don’t do as I am of what we do. Innovation comes from saying no to 1000 things to make sure we don’t get on the wrong track or try to do too much”
D) DELEGATE. The entrepreneur who tries to do everything himself is surely going to head towards a disaster. It will be the death of your effectiveness as an entrepreneur. You can’t hope to achieve results all by yourself. Learning to extend results from what you yourself can do to what you can control is smart entrepreneur’s key tool.
5. KNOW YOURSELF. This principle calls for you to:
- Know yourself.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses.
- Know what you like.
- Know what you want.
- Set goals
Ultimately you should find a business that you love that utilizes your strengths. Confucius once said:“Find a job you love and you will never have to work for the rest of your life.” If you love what you do, you will do well in it. The smart entrepreneur is a happy entrepreneur; one knows what one loves and wants; one does what one loves and one does it with greater effectiveness and productivity. He/ she is working smart. Are you?
Introducing The Business Acceleration Workshop
The Business Acceleration Workshop is for both entrepreneurs-to-be and existing entrepreneurs who want a breakthrough in their business. Whether you are a SME, start-ups owners, ambitious executives or driven sales professionals in new ventures, growing companies, family businesses, or large corporations, this is for you!
The Business Acceleration Workshop‘s revolutionary new syllabus is designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental concepts of an entrepreneurial mindset and the unlimited Opportuni.ties that it can provide. Businesses are no longer bound by the walls of an office. You learn to identify, value and capture opportuni.ties, both online and offline in this digi.tal-enabled age. We look at proven success business strategies, marketing techniques, business models, brand positioning, system and technology where you can just take away to help start and power-up your business.
Come and be empowered to accomplish extraordinary things and new pathways to success. Let your eyes and heart be opened to new potentials and possibilities.
This is a full-house program you do not want to miss. Success only belongs to people who take action. Don’t let anything hold you back from what you can achieve. We can help you.
For more information on The Business Acceleration Workshop,
* K.C. See founded the Money Mastery Community with over 8,000 members from 22 countries; a community to support the pursuit of wealth and passion through education and mentorship. He coaches senior managers, entrepreneurs and business owners.
- CEOs of Malaysia’s Largest Banks Share Top 10 Changing Trends in Banking Industry for Business
- Spotting Brand Advocates for Your Business
- ConcreteJungle #33 : Action Tintoy Design Laboratory
- 8 Guaranteed (Science) Steps Towards Raising Your Start Up Funding for Entrepreneurs
- The Search for Asia Top 50 Apps
- Effective Tax Planning for Business in Malaysia