Ocision Sdn Bhd (Ocision) received an undisclosed amount of 2nd round funding from angel investment company Crystal Horse Investments Pte Ltd (Crystal horse) based in Singapore. Ocision owns and manages the website iBilik, a short term accommodation rental platform, currently active in Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia. Ng Say Joe, founder of Ocision, is looking forward to the new partnership. The funding will be primarily used for marketing purposes and to expand the business.
iBilik is an online board for room posting in Malaysia and has made recently inroads in Singapore and Indonesia. Founder, Ng Say Joe is a serial entrepeneur who also founded Malaysian websites PropWall and CarSifu.
Earlier this year, prolific angel investor Tan Swee Yeong from Malaysia has injected the 1st round of funding in May 2011.
This will be Crystal Horse’s twelfth investment within one year, its investees are mostly ICT related and based in Singapore (5), Malaysia (5), India (1) and China (1).
Other notable competitors to iBilik are 701panduan and Mudah.com.my
- Group buy meets Flash Sales
- Global CSR Awards 2012 Recognizes Malaysia’s Fastest Growing 4G Company, YTL’s YES
- Malaysian Do Participate in E-Commerce (mostly for purchase of airline tickets and accommodation.)
- 2359 Media gets investment
- Richest People in Asia as Entrepreneurs
- International Business Networking Dinner to Help Malaysian Entrepreneurs Market to the World