YTL COMMUNICATIONS GAINS RECOGNITION AT THE GLOBAL CSR AWARDS 2012
YTL Comms won the Bronze Award under ‘Product Excellence’ category of the 2012 Global CSR Awards for its innovative Yes 4G network.
Kuala Lumpur —May, 2012 — YTL Communications Sdn Bhd (YTL Comms) today announced that the company has won the Bronze award under ‘Product Excellence’ category at the Global CSR Awards 2012 held in conjunction with The Global CSR 2012 Summit on 19th April 2012 in Boracay, Philippines.
Thirteen companies from China, India, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore were recognised for their outstanding corporate social responsibility initiatives programs and services at the 4th Annual Global CSR Awards 2012. The competition has been the most intense this year with over 80 submissions from various companies around the world.
The event, dubbed Asia’s Most Prestigious Recognition Awards programme for Corporate Social Responsibility, recognises and honours companies for outstanding, innovative and world-class products, services, projects and programmes implemented in 2011/2012. These projects demonstrate the company’s leadership, sincerity and on-going commitment in incorporating ethical values, compliance with legal requirements, and respect for individuals, communities and the environment in the way they do business.
The ‘Product Excellence’ Award has been given to companies which have created products to bring positive impact to societies while contributing positively to the companies’ bottom line. An in-depth search and selection process has been conducted for the Awards comprising the generation of entries, initial screening, and comments by advisors and final judging.
YTL Comms clinched its first Bronze award under the ‘Product Excellence’ category in the Global CSR Awards 2012 for its innovative Yes, Malaysia’s fastest 4G mobile Internet with voice network. Launched in November 2010 and now covering over 70% of peninsular Malaysia’s population, Yes is the world’s first to converge mobile Internet and voice in one plan, concurrently across multiple devices, all accessed via a single Yes ID.
Commenting on the award presentation, Wing K. Lee, the Chief Executive Officer, said “We won the ‘best new service’ accolade during the Broadband World Forum in Paris last September and this prestigious Global CSR Awards is yet another global recognition of our Yes 4G network. This award truly inspires us to further innovate and contribute to the society by improving the way people in Malaysia live, learn and play.”
As a group, YTL Corporation is committed to continuously support the sustainability and awareness for environmental issues. YTL Group has won several other awards since 2006.
1. YTL Corporation – Corporate Platinum Award at the Community Chest Awards 2011
2. YTL Corporation – Silver Award for “CSR Leadership” at the Global CSR Awards 2011
3. YTL Cement – Bronze Award for “Best Product Excellence” at the Global CSR Awards 2011
4. Wessex Water – Two Green Apple Awards 2011 for “Catchment Management” and “Waste Reduction and Recycling”
5. PowerSeraya – “MERIT” Award at Singapore Environmental Achievement Awards 2011
6. YTL Corporation, Starhill Global REIT & ORBA receive “Special Award for the Best Party” at World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Earth Hour Singapore 2011 Participation Awards
7. YTL-SV Carbon – Award for “Best Carbon Markets Brokerages, Asia” at the World Finance Carbon Market Awards 2011
8. YTL Corporation Berhad – “Green Energy Company of the Year” at Frost & Sullivan 2010 Malaysia Excellence Awards.
9. Syarikat Pembenaan Yeoh Tiong Lay (SPYTL) – “Building Construction Contracting Company of the Year” at Frost & Sullivan 2010 Malaysia Green Excellence Awards.
10. YTL Corporation – Bronze Award for “CSR Leadership Excellence” at the Global CSR Awards 2010
11. YTL Corporation – Shortlisted for ACCA Malaysia Sustainability Reporting Awards (MaSRA) 2010
12. YTL Corporation – Silver Award for “CSR Leadership Excellence” at the Global CSR Awards 2009
13. YTL Corporation – Shortlisted for ACCA Malaysia Sustainability Reporting Awards (MaSRA) 2009
14. Starhill Global REIT – “Award for the Best Engagement Activities” at World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Earth Hour Singapore 2009 Participation Awards
15. YTL Corporation – “Commendation for Social Reporting” at the ACCA Malaysia Environmental and Social Reporting Awards (MESRA) 2007.
16. YTL Corporation – “Best Social Reporting in an Annual Report” at the ACCA Malaysia Environmental and Social Reporting Awards (MESRA) 2006.
Yes, a brand under YTL Communications, offers the fastest 4G mobile Internet with voice service in the country. Winner of the ‘Broadband InfoVision Awards 2011’ under the ‘Best New Service’ category, Yes is a global frontrunner in mobile 4G and is the first mobile operator to bring the worlds of mobile Internet and voice together in one plan. Yes offers the lowest mobile rate in the industry and currently covers over 70% of the population of Peninsular Malaysia. With its robust 4G network and a fully-converged mobile service, Yes is one of the most advanced wireless networks in the world.
About YTL Communications
YTL Communications Sdn Bhd is a subsidiary and the communications utility of YTL Power International Berhad and part of the YTL Corporation Berhad Group. The Company provides affordable, world-class services that improve the way people in Malaysia live, learn and play. For more information, please visit: www.yes.my.
- Yes Launches the Huddle XS – Encouraging random act-of-kindness among People
- ICT Entrepreneur’s Reaction for the Prime Minister’s Budget 2013 Announcement
- YTL Wins another Prestigious Award
- SMG To Promote TEDxKL in Malaysia Encouraging the Movement of Ideas Worth Spreading
- Entrepreneurs and Startups in Malaysia to Benefit from new Silicon Valley’s BootstrapLabs Launch
- Saying Good Bye to Entrepreneurs.my