Getting to know about The Start-Up
Wylie Wee, the Co-Founder of Player Holdings Pte Ltd! Sports Events Planning and Management, Sports Merchandising, and Sports Leadership Training.
1. Tell us more about Your Company – What have you built? What is your product or service to your customers? What is your track-record so far?
is a sports centric company with a mission of using sports as a universal playing field, to create a bridge of connection between people and to empower individuals to be positive change makers. Our holdings company conducts businesses through 3 main subsidiaries namely, Player Events, Sports Market and Player Academy.
PLAYER EVENTS is a sports events management company offering a full spectrum of events planning and management services to the sporting community and corporate companies. We run Multi-Sports Carnivals, Learn-to-Play Sports Programs and Team Building Events through Sports.
SPORTS MARKET is a subsidiary business supplying Sporting Goods, Training Equipment, Player Gear and Apparel Printing Services. At Sports Market, we provide the items and gear you need, For Your Game.
PLAYER ACADEMY is a training business specializing in Sports Leadership, Captainship Training, Character Building through Sports and Team Motivation Training.
2. Why did you decide to go into this business? Is it because it is a lucrative market? Is it a Blue Ocean which your talents and expertise through your business can provide?
I went into this business mainly because Sports is a powerful tool to bring about a positive social change in areas of social integration, youth resilience and character building. The sporting industry in Singapore is booming in all areas of market segments including event planning services, marketing, merchandising and even content distribution. The sports market is one with lucrative business potential and attractive opportunities, especially with the establishment of Singapore’s up and coming Sports Hub and the launch of Vision 2030 joint project, led by the Singapore Sports Council and the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports.
3. Please share with us, when you established your organization during its early days – How did you fund it? Any tips on raising the funds? Any tips on convincing investors?
When my partners and I first started PLAYER, we fund our startup based on personal savings and family support.
4. Where do you see your business growing into, for the next 5 to 10 years?
We hope to grow into a company that holds 3 stand alone subsidiary companies run by respective management teams. Our vision is to be the partner of choice for Sports Leadership and Team Motivation Training in South East Asia.
5. What is your vision for the industry that you are in? Do you see a trend coming up that your business can capitalize?
Sports took on new importance in the recent years with stepping up efforts by the Singapore government to promote and encourage sports participation in the local community. The sports system has been constantly revised and new recommendations have been set into place to boost the sporting industry. In fact, Singapore’s Vision 2030 and the 21st Century Education Framework are highly aligned with national priorities to develop resilient people and united communities.
Our business is highly aligned with the growing trend towards character development with a niche in using sports as a means to do so.
Find out more about Player Holdings: http://www.sportsmarket.com.sg/
Click here to Find out about “The Start-up Entrepreneur Part 1, Wylie Wee, the Co-Founder of Player Holdings!”
To be continued… The Start-up Entrepreneur Part 3
- Wylie Wee, the Co-Founder of Player Holdings Pte Ltd! Sports Events Planning and Management, Sports Merchandising, and Sports Leadership Training.
- Lean Startup Machine returns to Singapore – June 7-9, 2013!
- Mobile Marketing Association Forum in Singapore Goes Beyond Basics to Deconstructing Mobile for Brands
- How Nick D’Aloisio made his $30 Million
- Startup Jobs Asia Gets Partners in Taiwan
- Sell Your Product Before Building it!