Foodpanda.my now provides food delivery service to residents of Johor Bahru!
KUALA LUMPUR – The largest food delivery service provider in Malaysia just got larger. Foodpanda has just expanded its delivery service to the south most tip of Malaysia – Johor Bahru. Making this the fifth city that foodpanda has a footprint here in Malaysia.
With a soft launch last Friday, Foodpanda has already received some very encouraging feedback from residents of JB. “This app really has some potential in making life easy for certain groups of people, like working people and students” says Shalin Tan, a local JB resident and new foodpanda customer.
“I am the poster child for your customers – I would use it multiple times a week probably. I have been encouraging people in JB to provide delivery“ says John Hunter, an expat living in JB. Hunter adds “There is a need for decent delivery food in JB. I have told several people I thought it would be a good business to get into and I want to see entrepreneurial efforts, like this, succeed in JB.“
“We are very happy to add Johor Bahru to our list of cities that we provide delivery for” says Claudio Abitante, MD foodpanda.my. “We believe that JB is an underserved market with lots of potential. Already we are seeing very encouraging feedback from both restaurants and customers. We intend to bring our experience in food delivery and strong partner restaurants to the residents of JB” he adds.
Starting with big names such as Chatime, Kenny Rogers Roasters, Vivo Pizza as well as local favorites like Season’s Café and Chakra Restaurant. Residents of Johor Bahru can expect to see other heavyweight foodpanda partner such as Chicken Rice Shop, Old Town White Coffee and other great restaurants in the next few weeks. Currently orders are taken via their website and mobile application on iOS and Google Play.
Foodpanda.my currently operates in the Klang Valley, Penang, Ipoh, Melaka and Johor. Foodpanda plans to make food delivery more accessible and convenient to as many busy Malaysians. They are looking to accomplish this within the next few months by further expanding in the Klang Valley and other major cities in Malaysia.
Related articles across the web
- Foodpanda.in order online food in India
- Taman Molek, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
- Fresh Flowers Delivery Service in Johor Bahru
- Foodpanda: Online Food Service
- NewLaunchGuru.com Says Its Klang Valley vs Johor Bahru Now, Offers VVIP Preview of Pinnacle Tower
- The story of how “Burger Bakar Abang Burn restaurant” became one of the Malaysia’s Fastest Growing Food Chain Business!
- Malaysian Entrepreneur Launches Food Delivery Website for Hungry Busy City Consumers
- Entrepreneurs and Startups in Malaysia to Benefit from new Silicon Valley’s BootstrapLabs Launch
- Franchise Business Opportunities for Entrepreneurs in Malaysia
- BootstrapAccelerator open its doors and annouces its july 2013 class of Entrepreneurs!
- The Search for Asia Top 50 Apps