Ever wonder what makes one business more appealing than another?
Cradle Investment Programme (CIP), in collaboration with Malaysia Entrepreneurs(MYE), are assembling a panel of industry experts to analyze emerging trends and technologies in 2009. These experts would be discussing the challenges and opportunities for entrepreneurs who want to be successful in a volatile market.
Grab this opportunity to learn about:
- What drives your consumers’ behaviours ,
- The market’s influence on purchasing power for businesses,
- The effects of the current economic climate on you and your business,
- Cutting edge research that are being done by our universities,
- Criteria for success in 2009
As Alan Kay once said, “The best way to predict the future is to invent it”.
Come join us for this “Hot Session”…
Date : 12th January 2009 (Monday)
Time : 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
Venue : Plug & Play Technology Garden(Map Below)
Suite 7.01, Level 7, The Gardens South Tower
Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
Entrance : FREE but limited to 100 participants .
Seats are limited so Register Now.
We have reached the end of 2008 and it has been one year filled with entrepreneurial goodness. Time again to reflect what has happened and strive to a better, a great year in 2009.
We at Malaysia Entrepreneurs (MYE) are truly grateful for our supporters and we would like to invite you all to join us for a End of the Year party this 18th of Dec 2008 at Level 12, Wisma MCA 7.30 pm.
This event is jointly organized by our partners at Itrain, Mirc and Mobig.
Entry is free and dinner will be provided.
Sign up at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=37393454860
* How to change the world with a microloan – Introduction to Kiva by James Yeang aka Friedbeef.com
*Some notes about Web 2.0 in Vietnam” – Huyen Chip.(Vietnam)
* How to Utilize Online Social Networking to Built Your Blog Reader and Grow Your Business! – Jerry Ong
* “7 Reasons Why Companies Fail and How To Avoid Them! Dr Sivapalan of TeAM
* “Understanding Generation Y” Shaping the mindset of Gen X employers to the new bread of Gen Y employees) – Janet, YourPartTime.com
* “The Mamak Session” How do you come up with ideas and capitalize on it at your local mamak stall.- Daniel Cerventus
* “We got MSC Pre-Seed!” Panel styled discussion from 4 MSC Pre-seed recipients started out as simple ideas in the web2.0 space. Find out how they applied and got preseed, and how preseed does more for you than just gives you money.
* “Building a global business from anywhere” – Ganesh kumar bangah, the 29 year old CEO of MSC Cyberport and MOL AccessPortal Berhad shares his experience on building a Global business from humble beginnings.
* The grass in greener in JB? – A sharing session from some of Johor’s own entrepreneurs who have ventured out of Malaysia but have decided to set up businesses in JB.
* “My 1 Year in a China Web Startup” – Bjorn Lee, co-founder of e27 Singapore, will share his experience from his one year of working in a Beijing-based web startup. Topics include hacks on how to work with the Chinese, win friends and avoid enemies.
Register now at http://www.entrepreneurs.my/barcamp-jb/
This 6th and 7th December, there will be a new revolution in Johor Bahru.
The communities of Bloggers, Geeks and Entrepreneurs in JB have come together. They will be having their very first BarCampJB
For those who are new, BarCamp is an unconference for sharing and learning that is organized all over the world by volunteers. It is an open platform where every one attends, volunteers to help out in the event one way or another. Participants either create sessions, help out in the organizing, spread the message of barcamp or be an active participant in the sessions. In short, this it a Web2.0 in a form of an event.
MSC Cyberport have stepped up as the venue sponsors to provide a cool location for the BarCampers to conduct their sessions.
There will be 3 tracks with sessions of 45 minutes ranging from the really technical to business to the very amusing.
Some of the tracks we have so far including ” We got Pre Seed” , “Building a global business from anywhere” , “Drupal for the not so bright” and many more.
IF you feel you have something to share, do feel free to submit your own session at the wiki. (Password c4mp)
Date: 6th-7th December 2008
Time: 10:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
Location: Menara MSC Cyberport, Level 29, Menara MSC Cyberport, No. 5, Jalan Bukit Meldrum, 80300 Johor Bahru,
Cost: Always FREE!
Format: Presentations, breakout discussion sessions, panels, demos, and plenty of networking
Estimated Attendance 150-200 (must cap at 300)
Presenters Bring Presentation on own notebook