Dino Media Publishing consist of a network of news portals and social media channels, serving 3 million people monthly with news about entertainment, lifestyle, humor, viral news, and all things trendy. NextUpAsia.com chats with one of the founding members of one of the fastest growing startups in Asia about the Art of Building a company to serve millions of content hungry consumers online.
Getting to know about The Start-Up
- Tell us more about Your Company – What have you built? What is your product or service to your customers? What is your track-record so far?
We are iteratively building multiple digital assets in the digital space but the ones that we are really pushing hard are our English news portal – Coffeeticks and Chinese news portal -Tantannews. Tantannews has been around for only 6 months but we are averaging about 900k visits per month. Coffeeticks, which we launched just a month ago, has hit 630k for its first month. Both of these sites publish content about lifestyle, entertainment, and humor.
We also curate and publish viral news and all things trendy in the social web. Additionally, we also own multiple facebook pages which we have a team to engage great content with our communities.
- Why did you decide to go into this business? Is it because it is a lucrative market? Is it a Blue Ocean which your talents and expertise through your business can provide?
We decided to go into the digital publishing business because we realized it will get even more expensive to rely on third-party distribution channels. We thought, for the long run, it makes more sense for us to build our own distribution channels which can give us so many leverage to get brands on board to advetise as well as to launch our own projects
- Where do you see your business growing into, for the next 5 to 10 years?
As a team, we asipire to become the leading global player in digital publishing within the next 5-10 years. That would mean a lot for our company as well as for Malaysia, as this would be the epitome of our nation’s catchphrase “Malaysia Boleh” which means Malaysia can!
Fortunately for us, despite of our young entry in this industry, we are already in the global market. Our news portals have each been visited by audience from at least 180 countries, mainly – Singapore, Indonesia, United States, Canada, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Phillipines.
- What is your vision for the industry that you are in? Do you see a trend coming up that your business can capitalize?
As more content are screaming for attention on the Internet, we forsee there’s a need for quality storytelling production. Because content needs to stand out to capture people’s attention among the sea of content. This will be one of key areas we will be working on to prepare for this trend.
### End of Part 2 ###
About Dino Media:
Dino Media Publishing consist of a network of news portals and social media channels, serving 3 million people monthly with news about entertainment, lifestyle, humor, viral news, and all things trendy.
About the Founders:
We are a group of young and capable team who are hustling to entertain the world with stories and news we find engaging. We strive to never stop innovating the way you read news and we hope we could ultimately build a news portal that would channel you with personalized news that really matter.
- Business Advice from the Founders of Dino Media as one of Asia’s Fastest Growing Startups
- Top Tips of Building Followers and Customers Online by Dino Media’s 3 Million Community Following
- Fastest Growing Asia Digital Media Company Dino Media Takes Netizens by Storm
- The Inspiration Behind Social Media Platform Startup for Public Safety Developed by MYHERO
- MYHERO Online Users’ Driven Marketing Attract 20,000 Users In Months to Try Public Safety App
- MYHERO Founders Provides Startup Advice for Aspiring Entrepreneurs