Catalyst90 announced that after continued negotiations it has successfully entered into an agreement to acquire Social Media NZ (SMNZ), an online- based resource dedicated to providing insight and helping New Zealanders stay informed with regards to social media and related technologies.
Social Media NZ, which was founded in 2009 by Malaysia born John Lai, and headquartered in Auckland, has experienced strong growth in New Zealand, whilst also expanding its footprint in Asia. The SMNZ brand will continue as a hub of information on social media in New Zealand with John Lai continuing to contribute as an advisor and correspondent based in Asia. The next phase for SMNZ with the support of Catalyst90 is to further establish the reach of the brand and the education of the market on social media.
Citing strong market position across these regions, Catalyst90 see the addition as an exciting step for the company to extend their positioning moving forward. Commenting on the acquisition, Tom Reidy, CEO of Catalyst90 said, “We view the acquisition of SMNZ as an exciting move and welcome the brand to the Catalyst90 group. We see a close alignment of SMNZ and Social Media Club Wellington to provide a resource for the industry on social media as well as extending the ability and support for practitioners through networking and education. This is an exciting time for an ever growing and dynamic industry.”
The future focus of SMNZ under the management of Catalyst90 will be to further extend the excellent work that John Lai and his team have done in building the brand.
- How to Profit from Effective Social Media Strategies for Malaysian Business and Entrepreneurs by 11 Experts
- Malaysia Social Media Week Hits Big in Kuala Lumpur 2013
- Why Visual Design Is Important For Your Social Media Marketing. Case study: Nescafe
- Top Social Media Trends for Entrepreneurs in 2013
- Malaysia General Election: Top 5 Social Media Mistakes by Politicians
- 3 Japanese Startup Trends and Work Cultures that Entrepreneurs Must Know!