I was invited to MIRC KL SME ICT Conference as a panel for their “Coffee Talk” with the topic, Entrepreneurship and Its Challenges in the Current Economy.
I was joined by Mirc’s CEO Andrew Wong and Steve Tan of GoBroadband
There was alot of concern in terms of how to ride the rough times and I do understand uncertainties can cause anxiety even among the most seasoned of entrepreneurs. A lot of people do not realized that in times of crisis, there are always great opportunity.
According to Steve, whose company sells broadband solutions, one of the main reason he is thriving because he plans when times are good for bad times. This is one of the reasons when you see his business card is filled with the various awards that his company has won. These awards are used to brand his business.
Then someone from the audience ask. “How can they afford branding?”
The answer is very simple. You do not need to spend an arm and a leg to do branding. What you need it creativity.
Steve added “If you have a very compelling product, your branding is halfway done. ”
Remember there are many tools available out there for you to brand yourself such as:
- Attending networking events
- Press Releases
- Leveraging on Internet with blogging and social network
- Do some crazy stunts ala Richard Branson
- Learning Branding and Business: Is Brand Experience overated? Under-rated? Even irrelevant?
- 3 Reasons Why 21st Century Entrepreneurs Choose to have Virtual Offices
- Moneytree Gew Entrepreneurship Challenge Malaysia
- 10 Things to Look Out For When Choosing a Virtual Office for New Startup Entrepreneurs
- Which should Startup Entrepreneurs Choose? Serviced Office or Virtual Office
- Start Up Entrepreneur or Franchise Business in Asia