In case you don’t know, Business Week run this article on young entrepreneurs in Asia every year. It is called Asia’s Best Young Entrepreneurs 2008.
This year it seem only 1 Malaysian entrepreneur is nominated. You may or may not have heard of the guy but I believe you have been impacted by the company he founded one way or another.
For those who have been on the internet since the late 1999, you will have used the dot com he founded with 3 other friends call Catcha.com. Catcha.com was one of the most visited Malaysian internet portal until the bubble burst. It forced Patrick to rethink and innovate their business model and went into Media and Publishing.
With Magazine ranging from clubbing culture (Juice Magazine) to golf and lifestyle, Catcha is now one of the leading publishing house in Malaysia.
As for their return to the internet ventures, their Iproperty.com which is currently operating in around South East Asia is listed in the Australian Stock Exchange.
Although there isn’t any awards for the Business Week Asia’s Best Young Entrepreneurs article but you can vote for him at the site. Since there is only 1 Malaysian entrepreneurs, lets make the best out of it.
We hope to see more young entrepreneurs from Malaysia in the nomination next year and we know there are many of you out there.
- How to Find the Best SEO Experts and Services for Your Business
- Top 24 Entrepreneurial Lessons that Joel Neoh, the Award Winning Entrepreneur have Learned in 2014!
- Mobile Lifestyle Business
- Business Advice from the Founders of Dino Media as one of Asia’s Fastest Growing Startups
- Fastest Growing Asia Digital Media Company Dino Media Takes Netizens by Storm
- Google and the Mobile Business