Singapore’s JobCentral with around 80000 users is one of the largest independent job portal is recently acquired by US-based Career Builder for an undisclosed price. JobCentral which markets itself as different from leaders Jobstreet by distributing it’s ads over 17+ affiliate career portals.
JobCentral is also more college jobs focus, helping fresh grads land their first job.
This seem like the starting of a trend where US/Japan companies looks at small site around the region to purchase. Not unlike Groupon’s global expansion strategy by buying out Malaysia’s clone Groupsmore. However I think this is more towards public facing sites with a whole lot of database and mindshare.
The purchased price was not announced.
- This Week in Asia Episode 56: Attack of The Groupon Clones
- Groupsmore Is Acquired By Groupon in Just 5 Months
- JCI Students Organise Event for Industry to Meet Singapore and Malaysia’s Top Entrepreneurs
- 5 Malaysian Entrepreneurs I admire and a lesson I learn from each of them.
- Some Who’s Who at the JCI FOCUS Entrepreneurship Awards that You Should Meet
- Great Networking and Deals for Entrepreneurs in the HR Technology Showcase 2012 Event