Malaysian entrepreneurs are constantly thinking of capturing a bigger market share for their products and services, especially with the growth of international demands. The question of exporting outside of the country always come to mind for entrepreneurs, with many claiming that they are unaware of such facilities which would have already been provided by relevant agencies and organisations. The Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation, or better known as MATRADE, is the national export promotion agency of Malaysia.
Established in March 1993 as a statutory agency under the Ministry of International Trade Industry (MITI), MATRADE is responsible for assisting Malaysian companies succeed in the international market.
- MATRADE’s Vision to Stimulate More Growth and Internationalization of Malaysian Businesses
MATRADE’s vision of positioning Malaysia as a globally competitive exporting nation is paired with its mission to develop and promote Malaysia’s enterprises to the world, with particular emphasis on the export of manufactured and semi-manufactured products and services.
In addition, MATRADE formulates and implements strategies for export marketing and trade promotion activities to increase Malaysia’s exports. MATRADE also undertake market research to create a comprehensive database of information for the development and improvement of Malaysia’s trade. Training programs are often organized to enhance the international marketing skills of Malaysian exporters, as well as protect Malaysia’s international trade interest abroad.
- Services and Resources to Bring Malaysian Businesses Abroad
MATRADE is also providing services such as:
- MATRADE Business Library
- Electronic Publications – An online portal for businesses to view News, Best Practices and Campaigns done by MATRADE
- Business Matching following Trade Enquiries – On-ground events to match Malaysian entrepreneurs and businesses to prospects internationally
- Incoming Buying Missions – On-ground events to bring Malaysian suppliers and businesses to meet international demands
- Incoming Trade Delegations – On-ground events to bring Malaysian businesses overseas to meet other agencies responsible to get their businesses abroad
– A resource outlet for entrepreneurs and businesses to view catalogues and materials that would help them to bring their businesses abroad
- Help is Everywhere! You Just Need to Find a MATRADE Office
MATRADE has five local branches in Malaysia located in Penang, Terengganu, Johor, Sabah, and Sarawak providing the services mentioned above.
Furthermore, MATRADE is actively involved in assisting foreign companies to source for suppliers of Malaysian products and services by having 40 representative offices worldwide in major commercial cities.
In today’s highly competitive world, in-line with the vision 2020 for Malaysia to mature and grow into a Developed nation, SMEs play a vital role in going international and marketing their products and services globally. With the advent in internet and communication facilities, Malaysian businesses and entrepreneurs should be aware that there are organisations like MATRADE out there, that would be ready to assist entrepreneurs locally to grow their businesses into global players!
- 3 Major Legal Pitfalls that Startups and Entrepreneurs should Avoid
- Spotting Brand Advocates for Your Business
- 2 Vital Factors that Entrepreneurs Must Know When Registering their Companies
- Lessons from Apple Founder Steve Jobs for Entrepreneurs
- The Definition of An Entrepreneur from 15 Top Entrepreneurs and Icons in the World
- 6 Fundamental Tips of Pitching to Investors: An Entrepreneur’s Guide