The 17th edition, Cards & Payments Asia 2012, Asia’s largest smart technology exhibition is set to wow with a bigger and better event this year. It will showcase highly anticipated new technologies in Near Field Communication (NFC) and contactless payment together with the entire spectrum of smart technology initiatives. Key stakeholders from the telecommunications, government authorities and services, banking, hospitality, retail, healthcare, transport, aviation and logistics sectors will come together to reveal how the latest applications and product innovations can drive service, growth and business opportunities in their respective industries across Asia.
Singapore may be one of the first nations to see the widespread adoption of NFC as a payment mode. This is made possible via the S$40 million (RM97million) Call-for-Collaboration (CFC) initiative, allowing up to 20,000 retail points and taxis to be NFC-enabled by mid 2012. This initiative, by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) and 7 companies, namely mobile operators M1, StarHub, SingTel, payment service providers Citibank, DBS and EZ-Link, as well as Gemalto, a digital security company, marks Asia’s first interoperable nationwide deployment of NFC mobile payment system. Along with the rest of the countries in the Asia-Pacific region which sees more than 9 countries like Thailand, Malaysia, India, China, South Korea and Sri Lanka making advances in NFC technology, experts believe that this tech savvy region could be the first adopters of NFC enabled mobile payment for their next mobility solutions.
Richard Ireland, Chief Executive, Terrapinn Asia Pacific said, “This year’s Cards & Payments Asia not only allows attendees to gain valuable insights on how to capitalise on the exponential growth of e-commerce and mobile commerce, but leverage on cutting-edge knowledge of multi-channel strategies for effective customer engagement, making it a must-attend event for all stakeholders seeking an edge over their competitions.”
This three-day event expects to draw more than 8,000 attendees, over 200 international leading solution providers from Singapore, China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Germany, Italy and many more. 7 concurrent conferences and pre- and post-workshops will feature renowed speakers from all over Asia and beyond.
Co-located with Cards & Payments Asia 2012 are seven synergistic events: Prepaid Cards Asia, Near Field Communication (NFC) World Asia, Digital ID World Asia, RFID World Asia, Retail World Asia, Online Retail World Asia and Digital Signage World Asia.
Expected highlights to be seen at a few synergistic events among the seven mentioned above are:
1) 5th Annual Prepaid Cards Asia 2012
• See, touch and hear about emerging applications worldwide in prepaid cards.
• Understand the challenges to maximise its use and educate potential customers to succeed.
2) 9th Annual R.F.I.D World Asia 2012
• A showcase of RFID technologies for improving manufacturing & operational efficiency, supply chain efficiency, increasing productivity, minimising theft and improving customer service.
• Back by popular demand, a 2 day conference in collaboration with GS1 Singapore – RFID World Asia incorporating EPCglobal Singapore Summit 2012.
3) Online Retail World Asia 2012
• Brings together leading retailers and their partners to network, discuss and strategise on the optimisation of online retailing to win new sales and growth.
• Catch up with the latest buzz in online retail.
• Real-life case studies presented by online retail experts.
4) Digital Signage World Asia 2012
• Asia’s international showcase featuring breakthrough digital signage technology innovations and solutions. A dedicated conference component for attendees to share experiences and challenges in digital signage design and implementations.
Terrapinn is a Business to Business media company. Their products are trade exhibitions, conferences, training courses and print publications. For more information, please visit: http://www.terrapinn.com/
- Creating a community for photographers
- Greencloud Labs announces the launch of Beepmo, the location-based social network for business professionals
- HotelClub launches Flash Sales for members in Asia
- Group buy meets Flash Sales
- Getting to know the Founder of Boxyroom and the New Property Investment Business Model – Part 1
- 2nd Annual Business Process Improvement & Transformation: Strengthening organisation’s competitive edge