MYHERO is a startup building a gamified social network specifically designed for people to report & consume purposeful and relevant information according to their physical location. Founded less than a year ago, the startup is close to release its version 1 really soon. NextUpAsia.com takes a look into the making of the revolutionary app which will ensure that public reporting of crime and natural disasters can now be easily done by netizens around the globe, while rewarding them for their responsible ethics to come together and keep their cities and neighbourhoods safe with MYHERO.
Getting to know about The Start-Up
- Tell us more about Your Company – What have you built? What is your product or service to your customers? What is your track-record so far?
MYHERO is a gamified social network specifically designed for people to report & consume purposeful and relevant information according to their physical location.
We are currently championing one major use of MYHERO, which is to share crime & safety information so users of MYHERO are able to preempt or avoid unsafe situations. We also complement that core function with personal safety features like SOS button to call for help from nearby users or to your designated emergency contacts whenever you are in trouble.
This is only the beginning, as we have plans to pivot to other markets whenever necessary, but we are now focusing on building an app that is intelligent enough to provide you information you really care about at the right time & and the right moment. The sky is the limit.
- Why did you decide to go into this business? Is it because it is a lucrative market? Is it a Blue Ocean which your talents and expertise through your business can provide?
We go into this business in MYHERO because it’s eventual that everyone needs to consume purposeful and relevant information like for example – crime & safety information whenever you travel to a new place.
We really want to build a socially responsible product on top of just making money.
There are plenty of personal safety apps around but we like to position ourselves to compete in the blue ocean but we attentive to the red ocean so that we are able to differentiate ourselves from our closest competitors.
- Please share with us, when you established your organization during its early days – How did you fund it? Any tips on raising the funds? Any tips on convincing investors?
I can only share through personal experience. For me, I raised fund for my venture by repeatedly pitching our investor, arranging meetups, keep on reminding him to consider my proposal, etc.
It was tough & energy consuming but I had no formula, I think for my case it’s really about being vulnerable of my true characters to my investor and fortunately that earns his trust and confidence.
- Where do you see your business growing into, for the next 5 to 10 years?
We definitely want to be the leading app globally. Why think small when you can think big. Fortunately, our team share the same aspiration and with some smart business maneuvers; I’m confident we can achieve our goals.
- What is your vision for the industry that you are in? Do you see a trend coming up that your business can capitalize?
I think there is going to be a need of utility social networks. We have plenty of recreation social networks today like Facebook and Twitter but as a company we want to be that group of people that would fulfil that need. Utility social network is definitely more useful at times of challenges and troubles. It is still a bold prediction but we believe users don’t always know what they want.
### End of Part 2 ###
MYHERO is a startup building a gamified social network specifically designed for people to report & consume purposeful and relevant information according to their physical location. Founded less than a year ago, the startup is close to release its version 1 really soon.
About the Founding Team of MYHERO:
The pioneering team at MYHERO always on the edge of pushing the status quo in design and technology. We are never satisfied and we are laser focus at building a technogical solution without losing the touch of human interaction. We have strong beliefs that our product is able to bring out the hero of our users.
- MYHERO Founders Provides Startup Advice for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- The Inspiration Behind Social Media Platform Startup for Public Safety Developed by MYHERO
- MYHERO Online Users’ Driven Marketing Attract 20,000 Users In Months to Try Public Safety App
- Dino Media Captures 3 Million Online Users in Less than 1 Year of its Founding
- Business Advice from the Founders of Dino Media as one of Asia’s Fastest Growing Startups
- Top Tips of Building Followers and Customers Online by Dino Media’s 3 Million Community Following