The Microsoft® Accelerator for Windows Azure will host ten companies for a three month, on site, deep immersion program focused on building businesses that take advantage of the cloud. Through this program, Microsoft and TechStars will help entrepreneurs, engineers and innovators to bring to life a wide range of business ideas that leverage the limitless possibilities enabled by Windows Azure’s open and flexible cloud platform.
The program will run from September through mid-December in Seattle, Washington. The Microsoft Accelerator for Windows Azure is being powered by TechStars using the same mentor driven methodology pioneered and proven by them in New York, Boulder, Seattle and Boston.
Mentors for the Microsoft Accelerator include a broad base of entrepreneurs and venture capitalists in the industry as well as Microsoft executives. In addition, Microsoft will provide in-depth technical support for Windows Azure and the METRO user interface environment delivered on Windows 8 and Windows Phone.
Applications for the Windows Azure Accelerator are being taken through July 13.
Following a competitive screening process, ten finalists will be chosen for this unique three month startup accelerator program. Applicants must be prepared to relocate to Seattle for the duration of the program. For more details refer to the detailed schedule.
Every company participating in the program will receive:
- An investment of $20,000, managed by TechStars
- Mentorship from top entrepreneurs, investors, and Microsoft executives
- All the resources of Microsoft BizSpark
- $60,000 in Azure credit through the Microsoft BizSpark Plus Program
- Office Space
- Technical Training and Support
- Demo Day presentation to angel investors, VCs, media, and industry influentials
What projects qualify for the Microsoft Accelerator for Windows Azure?
Any application that can be a commercial business built using Windows Azure, such as:
- SAAS: Develop and sell your software as a service on Windows Azure
- Web: Build highly scalable websites on Windows Azure
- Enterprise: Build or extend your enterprise applications on Windows Azure
- Big-Data: Unlock business value from huge volumes of distributed data
- Consumer: Develop rich consumer and social applications that are ready for massive scale
- Gaming: Rapidly build social games that can infinitely scale
- Mobile: Build scalable mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone
- Go ahead, surprise us!
Your company does not necessarily need experience developing on Windows Azure, but the business concept does need to leverage Windows Azure capabilities as part of the final offering. Your team must also be willing to develop the technical skills required to bring your solution to a functioning prototype by the end of the program.
How to apply:
Applications to the Microsoft Accelerator for Windows Azure are now open! Applicants must be prepared to relocate to Seattle, Washington for the duration of the program. The application deadline is July 13th, 2012. Get your applications in early for additional consideration.
For more details, please visit Microsoft’s website here and you may be on the way in launching your very own innovative startup!
- Saying Good Bye to Entrepreneurs.my
- Entrepreneurs and Startups in Malaysia to Benefit from new Silicon Valley’s BootstrapLabs Launch
- 20 Apps & Services Which would Catapult Your Startup Success!
- Powerful Tips that all Young Entrepreneurs should Know before They Startup
- 3 Things that Entrepreneurs Must Know Before Bringing Their Businesses Mobile
- Be Coached and Learn How to Build a USD $1 Million Business for Aspiring Entrepreneurs